Sunday, July 12, 2009

Anticipation

It's been almost a month since I've blogged, not because I haven't thought of things to say, but largely because life has been playing at a speed I clearly have not kept up with.Winter brings the opportunity to cuddle up with a cup of hot cocoa and a great book on a blustery afternoon and feel like everything's okay with the world; the bleary days also however has an awful way of sapping your energy in a way that even the most severe summer can't.For the first time, perhaps in my adult life, I complained about the season I love, and then the more I thought about winter, the more I anticipated spring. The idea of new life, of gray clouds and slush giving way to blue skies and greenshoots gives me the requisite dose of energy to keep my eyes open and feet walking.

Years ago, I commented to my mentor that he made becoming a man such an anticipated thing! Looking ahead to something or someone that has penetrated through the mire we sometimes find ourselves wading through, gives us hope that we'll get there...eventually! I recall how I waited for the cry that would signal that my son was born, that new life had come, and even now I can feel the anticipation my heart experienced then. Now I find myself wondering what both his life and his sister's will be like in ten and twenty years, what dreams they will follow, what passions they will discover, and I anticipate again. The gray of yesterday passes swiftly when the radiance of tomorrow shines on my horizon...and once more...I anticipate!

1 comments:

Wayne Abel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Hope Worth Fighting For

Looking for new ways to inspire the world to KeepHopeAlive